How to Run a Half Marathon
Whether you're looking to run your first half marathon, or set a new PB, this guide will get you there.
Running 13.1 miles is a big deal. It probably feels a bit daunting, whether it’s your first time or not. But with a bit of support and guidance, you can enjoy your training and turn up to your race feeling confident.
This guide will offer you three training plans to follow and explain everything you need to know to prepare for your race.
- Beginner plan If you’re a regular runner looking to take on your first-half marathon, this plan is for you. This plan begins with 13 miles in total in week one. Before getting started, you should be comfortable running 5km non-stop, and training three or four times per week.
- Improver This plan is designed for runners who may already have a half marathon or two under their belt and are looking to improve their time. This plan starts with 16 miles in total in week one.
- Advanced plan If you’re an experienced runner comfortably running 4-5 times per week and used to doing speedwork, you may like to try this plan. It can help you run anything up to a 1:50 half. This plan starts with 23 miles in total in week one.
This pack includes:
- A 25-page ‘How to Run a Half Marathon’ training guide.
- Three 12-week half marathon training plans.
- Video guides to warming-up and stretching. A video explaining good running form.
- 1 PDF and 3 MP4